E-Aadhaar download: Issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Aadhaar number is a 12-digit number that is provided to the residents of India, following a series of verification process laid down by the authority. Any Indian resident, irrespective of age and gender, may voluntarily enroll to obtain an Aadhaar number.
Interestingly, people can also obtain a password protected electronic copy of Aadhaar, called e-Aadhaar, which is digitally signed by the competent authority of UIDAI.Read more ↓
This version of Aadhaar card is available online and can be accessed at all times. Also, individuals using the e-Aadhaar don’t have to worry about losing their card as it is virtual and cannot be misplaced. The e-Aadhaar version is equally valid as the physical Aadhaar copy for all purposes, as per the Aadhaar Act. If you are still wondering how to download e-Aadhaar, then follow the steps below:
How to download e-Aadhaar?
- To download e-Aadhaar, visit the UIDAI website uidai.gov
- Then click on download Aadhaar under My Aadhaar section
- Now choose any one of the options from Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID (EID) or Virtual ID (VID)
- Enter the details. For example, if you choose Aadhaar number, enter your Aadhaar number or if you choose Enrolment number, then enter your EID
- Now enter the captcha and click on send OTP (Instead of OTP, you can also use TOTP option to download e-Aadhaar. The TOTP can be generated using the mAadhaar mobile app.)
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile
- Now, click on verify and download to download the eAadhaar card
In order to receive an Aadhaar number, a person has to provide minimal demographic as well as biometric information during the enrolment process. The entire enrolment process is totally free of cost. A person can apply for Aadhaar only once. Only one Aadhaar is generated after de-duplication, as the individual’s uniqueness is obtained through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication.