WhatsApp has grown rapidly to become the most popular instant messaging app in the world and the Facebook-owned platform has been introducing new features in order to improve the user experience. Now, according to a new report WhatsApp has rolled out the private reply feature for beta users and through this feature, you can chat privately on WhatsApp in a group.
For the unknown, the private reply feature was spotted almost a year back when WhatsApp mistakenly rolled out the feature for Windows Phone via a beta update. While the ‘Reply Privately’ was quickly removed from the OS, it has been one of the most anticipated WhatsApp features for quite a while.Read more ↓
The new ‘Reply Privately’ feature basically allows WhatsApp users to send messages privately to a WhatsApp group member without letting others participants in the group know about it. The feature was introduced with WhatsApp beta version 2.18.335 and was first spotted by Wabetainfo. Here’s how you can use this ‘Reply Privately’ WhatsApp feature.
How can you chat privately on WhatsApp: Here’s a step-by-step guide
- Since the feature is currently available on;y for WhatsApp beta users, you will have to be a beta tester of the app.
- Existing beta users will need to update to the latest version of WhatsApp beta i.e. 2.18.335.
- Once the app is updated, navigate to any WhatsApp Group and long press on the person’s name whom you want to reply privately.
- Now, tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the app and select the Reply Privately option to send your message privately.
- Your message will be received by the contact as a personal chat.
It should also be noted that the new WhatsApp beta update has been reported to be a little buggy and when you try to delete a media in the chat, it crashes. On the other hand, WhatsApp already has a feature, similar to the ‘Reply Privately’ feature, which allows users to send individual replies to members in a group.