IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) i-ticket is a normal internet ticket for which the user pays online for a paper ticket. User can specify journey details, passenger information and pay online. The ticket is then sent through courier to the delivery address specified. This is same as the ticket that is bought from a railway booking counter, as mentioned on the official website of IRCTC- irctc.co.in. Cancellation of i-tickets can be done offline at any computerised reservation counter across the country and a cancellation ticket can be obtained.
Cancellation of i-tickets before departure of trains:
1. No cash refund is done in case of cancellation of IRCTC i-ticket done at the counter. Service Charge is also not refundable. The refund amount is credited to the respective credit card account electronically, the following day of cancellation, said IRCTC.Read more ↓
2. Refund of fare is made after deduction of cancellation charge of the fare as follows: If a RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation)/waitlisted is cancelled then Rs. 60 (Per Passenger) is deducted. If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges is deducted at Rs. 240 for AC first class/executive class, Rs. 200 for AC 2 tier/first class, Rs. 180 for AC 3 tier/AC chair car/ AC 3 economy, Rs. 120 for sleeper class and Rs. 60 for second class, as mentioned on the website of IRCTC.
3. If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25 per cent of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in IRCTC clause.
Cancellation of i-tickets after departure of trains:
1. I-tickets can also be cancelled at the boarding station, within 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. This cancellation can also be done in the same manner from the counter.
2. Cancellation charges will be 50 per cent of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned.
Source by ndtvShare: