Counter ticket cancellation: Have you got an Indian Railways counter ticket and now want to cancel it? Well, most people who did not know stood in frustratingly long Railways queues. They should never do it that way, and here is the reason why. Now you can simply do it online and avoid all the hassles. Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on its website irctc.co.in now provides simplified options to cancel the counter ticket. You can do it either on the go on your mobile or while sitting in the comfort of your home.
To cancel the Indian Railways counter ticket on IRCTC website, you just need two things – PNR number and train number. However, if you have not given a valid mobile number at the time of booking, you won’t be able to cancel the ticket. How to cancel counter ticket – check out the steps:Read more ↓
* Go to IRCTC website irctc.co.in
* Search for More tab
* Under More tab, click on Counter Ticket Cancellation
* A new page will open
* Enter PNR number, train number along with captcha.
* Select the checkbox to confirm that rules and procedure are read.
* Click on submit
* An OTP will be sent on mobile number given at the time of booking
* Enter the OTP and click submit.
* After the OTP is validated PNR details will be displayed on the screen.
* After verifying the details Click on ‘Cancel Ticket’ for full cancellation.
* Refund amount due will be displayed on the screen.
* An SMS will be sent with PNR and refund details.
Counter ticket cancellation rules – For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) before 24 hours of scheduled train departure time:
* Refund of fare as permissible can be collected on submission of original PRS counter ticket from any PRS counter of Indian Railways up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train in case of confirmed tickets and up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of train in case of RAC/waitlisted tickets.
For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) between 24 hours and up to 4 hours for the confirmed tickets and up to thirty minutes for RAC/waitlisted tickets before the scheduled departure time:
* Refund of cancelled PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website or 139 at present is permitted only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by surrendering original journey ticket..