IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is offering a seven-day tour at Rs. 35,165 to select destinations in the southern parts of the country. This was said by IRCTC, the ticketing arm of Indian Railways, on microblogging site Twitter. Called “South India Divine Tour”, the tourism package will be operated by air covering destinations including Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram, Madurai and Tirupati, according to IRCTC. The travel and tourism arm of IRCTC offers the six-nights and seven-days-long tour from Delhi, covering “significant temples and tourist places of Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram, Madurai and Tirupati”, according to its website – irctctourism.com.
Here are 10 things to know about IRCTC’s ‘South India Divine Tour’ air package:
1. Mode of travel: The South India Divine Tour will be operated through flights of airline IndiGo, according to IRCTC. The tour will include airport transfers by AC vehicle and sightseeing according to indicated itinerary by AC vehicle on a sharing basis. The tour will include in-flight breakfast and dinner.Read more ↓
|Flight||From – To||Departure Time||Arrival Time|
|6E 6065||DELHI-TRIVANDRUM||06:30 Hours||09:45 Hours|
|6E 141||MADURAI-CHENNAI||10:50 Hours||11:55 Hours|
|6E 2752||CHENNAI-DELHI||18:45 Hours||21:40 Hours|
“For 21-Sep-2018 departure, the flight from Chennai to Delhi is 6E 2907 departing from Chennai at 17:15 hours and reaching Delhi at 20:05 hours,” IRCTC said on its website.
2. Itinerary: The tour will cover journeys from Delhi to Trivandrum on Day 1, Trivandrum to Kanyakumari on Day 2, Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram on Day 3, Rameshwaram to Marudai on Day 4, Madurai to Tirupati on Day 5 and Tirupati to Chennai to Delhi on Day 7. “Any Itinerary posted on the website is only a proposed holiday outline,” IRCTC mentioned.
3. Destinations: IRCTC’s flight package will include a flight from Delhi to Trivandrum. It will also cover destinations such as Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram , Madurai, and also Padmanabhaswamy, Ramanathaswamy, Meenakashi, Lord Balaji and Sri Kalahasti temples. In the last leg of the tour, passengers will be flown back from Chennai to Delhi, according to the IRCTC website.
4. Dates: IRCTC’s South India Divine Tour air package will be operated on July 12, 2018, August 21, 2018 and September 21, 2018, according to the Railways ticketing arm.
5. Cost: Under ‘Single Occupancy’ option, the tour will cost Rs. 44,560 per person. Under Double Occupancy and Triple Occupancy options, the air package will cost Rs. 35,165 and Rs. 33,995 per person, respectively, according to IRCTC.
|Occupancy||Price (Per Person)|
|Single Occupancy||Rs. 44560/-|
|Double Occupancy||Rs. 35165/-|
|Triple Occupancy||Rs. 33995/-|
|Child with Bed (05-11 years)||Rs. 31790/-|
|Child without bed (05-11 years)||Rs. 28770/-|
6. The tour cost includes travel Insurance and all applicable taxes including GST.
7. Payment: Passengers are required to make 100 per cent payment at the time of booking. In case of cash payment of Rs. 25,000 and above, a copy of the client’s pan card is required,a ccording to IRCTC.
8. Seats: IRCTC is offering 34 seats in this tour.
9. Accommodation: The tour includes stays in three-star hotels. “One night stay each at Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram, Madurai and 2 nights stay at Tirupati,” according to IRCTC.
|Trivandrum||Standard||Hotel Fortune South Park, Trivandrum or similar|
|Kanyakumari||Standard||Hotel Gopinivas Grand or similar|
|Rameshwaram||Standard||Hotel Daiwik or similar|
|Madurai||Standard||Madurai Residency or similar|
|Tirupati||Standard||Hotel Fortune Kences or similar|
10. Cancellation charges: Cancellations made 21 days prior to the start of the tour (excluding departure date) will be subject to 30 per cent of the tour cost as cancellation charge, IRCTC mentioned on its website.
|21 days prior (excluding departure date||30% of the published tour cost|
|21 – 15 days (excluding departure date)||55% of the published tour cost|
|14 – 08 days (excluding departure date)||80% of the published tour cost|
|07 – 0 days / No show||100% of the published tour cost|
“For cancellation of your ticket, please log in to your account, select the Tour Confirmation Number of the ticket you wish to cancel and cancel your ticket from your booked history on line. Cancellation of your Ticket is possible only on the website www.irctctourism.com, and is not possible on PRS Counters,” IRCTC mentioned.
Source by www.ndtv.Share: