Oppo unveiled the R11 and R11 Plus with a press event held in Shenzhen, China last week. These two phones are the latest additions to the popular R series and combine premium design and build quality, with excellent performance, innovative camera experience, and, of course, above average selfie photography.Read more ↓
Oppo R11 and R11 Plus are the first phones to come out with the Snapdragon 660 chip – the new upper mid-range chart topper by Qualcomm. With the help of the Spectra ISP and Hexagon 680 DSP, the new chip should boost the low-light and portrait photography skills, and even offer increased performance and battery life in certain use cases.
The R11 duo is not that far from the flagship tier with the addition of an AMOLED screen, a dual-camera with a secondary telephoto lens and a high-res selfie camera with both camears offering high-quality simulated bokeh effects. The ample batteries and the company’s proprietary VOOC fast chargers are welcome additions and highly-appreciated in the long specs sheet.
Oppo R11 key features
- Body: All-metal unibody, Gorilla Glass 5 screen protection
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED, 401 PPI
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, octa-core Kryo 260 processor (4x 2.2GHz + 4x 1.8GHz), Adreno 512 GPU, 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal, microSD expansion (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP f/1.7 regular + 20MP f/2.6 telephoto camera, PDAF, LED flash, Portrait mode with bokeh effects, 4K at 30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 20MP, f2.0, Portait mode with bokeh effects, 1080p30/480p120 video
- SIM: Dual nano SIM support
- Connectivity: 4G, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, microUSB, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3000mAh non-removable, VOOC Flash Charge support
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor
Oppo R11 Plus over Oppo R11
- Display: 6.0-inch 1080p AMOLED, 367 PPI
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Using a microUSB connector instead of USB-C (but this might have to do with the VOOC charging)
- No EIS in 4K and 1080p60 mode
Let’s not forget that in terms of competition, the Oppo R11 isn’t trying to match the flagships of the day. Instead, they are focusing entirely on providing great user experience and customer satisfaction. Apparently, a USB-C connectivity port and video stabilization weren’t high on their targeted users wishlists.
Oppo R11 is going to launch worldwide in black, gold, rose gold, and an exclusive red color in just a few days at an expected retail price around $440. The Plus model won’t be available in red, and its release details are yet to be revealed.
Source by gsmarena…Share: