Reliance Jio has announced new postpaid plans starting at Rs. 199 per month. Called “JioPostpaid“, Reliance Jio’s new postpaid plans will be available for subscription from May 15, 2018, the telecom company said in a statement. Reliance Jio has introduced a “zero-touch” feature for its Jio Postpaid plans, wherein all postpaid services such as voice, internet (data), SMS and international calling will be pre-activated, according to the company. Reliance Jio has also announced international calling from 50 paise per minute to Rs. 6 per minute under its new offerings. Reliance Jio has also announced MNP or Mobile Number Portability, wherein subscribers of other telecom operators can migrate to Reliance Jio without having to change their existing numbers.Read more ↓
Here are 10 things to know about Reliance Jio’s new Rs. 199 plan:
1. Reliance Jio has announced a Jio Postpaid plan at Rs. 199 per month. This postpaid plan will come with unlimited voice calls and SMSes free of cost for the billing cycle, as well as 25 GBs of mobile data, among other benefits.
2. This plan will be pre-activated for international calls. Subscribers will also be able to activate international roaming with “one click”. Both services – international calling and international roaming – will be offered without any additional monthly charge or security deposit, according to Reliance Jio.
3. “JioPostpaid marks a paradigm-shift in the way postpaid services are offered and consumed, just like Jio did with its prepaid services,” said Reliance Jio Infocomm, which offers telecom services under brand Jio.
4. Jio Pospaid series of plans are widely expected to trigger already high competition in the telecom sector, say analysts.
5. Jio Postpaid will “challenge the industry status-quo by offering the lowest tariffs in India and abroad to the postpaid users, who end up paying disproportionately higher as compared to the prepaid segment”, the company said in its statement.
6. Reliance Jio has also announced international calling and international roaming tariffs for its prepaid and postpaid customers alike.
7. The latest entrant in the telecom sector has announced international roaming rates “starting at Rs. 2 – 2 – 2 for Voice – Data – SMS”. That means subscribers will be able to make voice calls from Rs. 2 per minute, use data from Rs. 2 per MB, and send SMSes from Rs. 2 per unit on international roaming.
8. The Rs. 2 per unit services – for voice, data and SMS – are offered for international roaming in 33 countries, including the US, the UAE, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and the Netherlands, according to Reliance Jio. In 42 other countries, including Australia, China, Russia, Germany, Kuwait, Myanmar, South Korea and Spain, subscribers will be charged Rs. 10 per minute for calls, Rs. 10 per MB for data and Rs. 10 per unit for SMSes, it noted.
9. For international roaming, Reliance Jio has announced two options for customers. A customer can either choose from “unlimited data and voice packs” or enjoy the connectivity without opting for any pack.
10. Reliance Jio has introduced three new packs international roaming packs: Rs. 575, Rs. 2,875 and Rs. 5,751. The Rs. 575 pack will come with a validity of one day, the Rs. 2,875 pack with seven days and the Rs. 5,751 pack with 30 days. Among other benefits, while the Rs. 575 and Rs. 2,875 packs will come with 250 GBs of high speed data, the Rs. 5751 pack will offer 5 GBs of high speed data on international roaming. All three packs come with unlimited local voice calls (in foreign country) and SMSes. Subscribers, of any of the three packs, will continue to receive mobile data at a reduced speed of 64 Kbps after exhausting the quantity of high speed data prescribed.
Source by ndtv..Share: