Customers can now acquaint their children with modern-day banking with State Bank of India (SBI) Savings accounts, Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan, mentioned country’s largest lender in a tweet on its official handle @TheOfficialSBI. SBI’s ‘Pehla Kadam’ and ‘Pehli Udaan’ are SBI’s banking products launched specially for minors. According to SBI portal, these banking products will not only help children learn the importance of saving money but will also allow them to experiment with the ‘buying power’ of money. Both the savings accounts are fully loaded and replete with banking features like internet banking and mobile banking, added SBI.
Read more ↓
10 things to know about SBI’s Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan savings bank accounts:
1. Minor of any age can apply for SBI’s ‘Pehla Kadam’. This account will be jointly opened with the parent/guardian. While minors above the age of 10 years and those who can sign uniformly are eligible for SBI’s ‘Pehli Udaan’. This account will be opened in the sole name of the minor.
2. There is no monthly average balance (MAB) requirement for opening these accounts.
3. The maximum balance limit for these accounts is Rs. 10 lakh.
4. The interest rates are same as applicable to SBI’s savings bank account which is calculated on a daily balance.
5. Transferability of accounts to any SBI branch without changing the account number is also applicable.
6. SBI’s ‘Pehla Kadam’ is jointly opened with the parent/ guardian or singly by parent/ guardian while SBI’s ‘Pehli Udaan’ is singly operated savings account.
7. Cheque-books for ‘Pehla Kadam’ are available where mobile number of the account holder is recorded. Specially designed personalised cheque book (with 10 cheque leaves) are issued to the guardian in the name of minor under guardian, said SBI. For SBI’s ‘Pehli Udaan’ also cheque-books are available where mobile number of the account holder is recorded. Specially designed personalised cheque book (with 10 cheque leaves) are issued if the minor can sign uniformly.
8. Auto sweep facility is available with both these accounts with a minimum threshold of Rs. 20,000.
9. Child’s photo embossed ATM-cum-debit card with withdrawal/POS limit of Rs. 5,000 is available with both these accounts. The card is issued in the name of the minor and guardian in case of ‘Pehla Kadam’ and it is issued in name of minor only in case of ‘Pehli Udaan’.
10. Mobile banking is available in both the cases. Bill payment and top-ups are applicable with both the accounts. The per-day transaction limit is Rs. 2,000 for both the accounts. Additionally, the feature of IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) is available with ‘Pehli Udaan’.
Source by ndtv..Share: