India saw an increase in IPv6 connections because of massive 4G rollouts by Reliance Jio, MTS and Idea Cellular. For the first time, India was ranked among the top ten nations in terms of IPv6 connections. The adoption rate of IPv6 connections in India rose by a startling 715 percent, with the next highest being the US with a modest 13 percent increase.Read more ↓
Reliance Jio broke through the top five providers in the world in terms of IPv6 request volume, coming in behind Comcast, AT&T, Verizon and Time Warner. No other Indian company ranks in the top 20 worldwide providers. All of this information is available in the latest Akamai State of the Internet report.
Here are the 4G developments over the course of the year.
- 53 percent Indians have bought smartphones online in 2016, says Deloitte
- 5G developments are great, but 4G still has a long way to go in India
- Improved 4G and 3G connectivity will push Indian internet users to 600 million by 2020
- 4G smartphone shipments will grow over 20 percent across the world in 2016, says IDC
- India to have 1bn unique mobile subscribers by 2020, says GSMA report
- 4G rollout expected to earn revenue of Rs 79,580 crore for Telecom Operators
- Indian Journalists are broadcasting live from Rio using smartphones and 4G
- According to HSBC, India’s spectrum proceeds way below target at $10-12 billion
- 3G, 4G market in India to increase to 300 million subscribers by March 2018: Report
Source by firstpost….Share: