There are 3 ways to check the claim status of your EPF withdrawal application. These are the main EPFO portal, UAN member portal and UMANG app. In my view, the EPF claim status check through the Main EPFO portal is the best one as it requires least information and gives most data. Even it shows you the details of the past claims as well.
UAN Claim Status Through EPF Main Portal
In this method of UAN Claim status check you only need the UAN number. Neither you are required to remember a password for the login (Necessary for UAN member portal). Nor, there would be an issue of the OTP (UMANG App). I have checked my claim status using all the three methods but this one has given very detailed information. I would show you the screenshot to prove my point.Read more ↓
So let us learn the steps of the best way to check UAN Claim Status. Note, you can use this method not only for EPF withdrawal but for EPF transfer as well.
1- Visit EPF Portal
You have to visit the basic and main portal of the EPFO. This portal has the links to all the services of EPFO. The URL of this portal is – epfindia.gov.in
2- Go to Employee Section
The EPFO has divided its services for Employee, Employer, International workers, pensioners etc. You have to choose the Employee Section. For the instructions see the following screenshot.
3 – Know Your Claim Status
In the Employee Section, you would see various options under ‘Services’. Tap on the ‘ Know Your Claim Status’ to check the UAN claim status.
4- Fill the Details
In the next page, you would see a very small form. You have to just enter your UAN and captcha. As you know the captcha would be written there you have to only fill it correctly. This is required to prove that a human being is manually filling the form, not a computer itself.
5- Choose EPF account Number
You may have more than one EPF account linked to one UAN. In this case, you have to choose the correct EPF account for the status check. Choose it from the given Drop Down Menu.
6- See the Details of the Claim
In the result page, you would see the detailed status of your EPF withdrawal or EPF transfer claim. Also, This page would show you all the past claims, if any.As, you have seen that UAN claim status check is very easy and you can complete it in the 6 simple steps. As I have told you that there are the alternative methods as well. I am telling you about them in brief.
Alternative Methods of Status check
UAN member Portal
- Login to UAN member portal using your UAN and password. If you have forgotten the UAN password, you can reset it from there.
- In the UAN dashboard, Go to the Online services. you would find it in the menu bar.
- Under the Online services, there would be an option of ‘Track Claim Status’. Tap on that option.
- Now you would see the status of your UAN claims.
- Open the UMANG App and Find out the EPFO module. Tap on that.
- Tap on the Employee Centric Services.
- Go to the Track Claim Section and Tap on the Blue Ribbon. This is the last option.
- Enter your UAN and tap on ‘Get OTP’ link.
- You would receive the OTP into your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP here.
- Now you would see the claim details of your EPF withdrawal or Transfer Application.
So this was the method to check the UAN claim status. Meanwhile, you can learn about the PPF account as it gives similar benefits without the requirement of the job. Note, you would not even know the EPF balance without the UAN. Hence, UAN is very important for EPF withdrawal as well.