You can use various services after login to the UAN portal. The most useful service of UAN login is the EPF balance. To Downoad the EPF passbook, you require the user ID and Password of UAN member portal. This portal gives the facility to apply for EPF transfer and withdrawal. You can also update your KYC details after login to the UAN member portal.
UAN Login Portal
To use the various features associated with the UAN number you are required to login at UAN member portal. There are two websites for the UAN services.Read more ↓
UAN Member Portal
This is the main website for the EPF members. The Address of this website is – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
To visit this page copy the above URL and paste at the address bar of your browser. Enter your UAN and password to avail the services.
In this portal, you can perform following tasks.
- KYC documents Update
- Apply for EPF transfer
- Apply for PF withdrawal
- Final Settlement
The first time users are required to register their UAN at this portal. Note, you would not be able to download the passbook through this portal.
Passbook Download Portal
This web page is only made to download the PF passbook. This portal also uses the same credentials for the login. You have to use your UAN and password of the UAN member portal to download the passbook. So before using this portal, you must have registered at the UAN portal. You can use this portal after 6 hours of the registration. The URL of this portal is given below.
Registration and Activation of UAN
Every EPF member gets UAN number. The employers, tell this number to their employee once you start contributing to the EPF account. This number is the primary key of your EPF account. Because of this number you can operate and see your EPF account yourself.
But, you can’t use the online services unless you register your UAN number at UAN portal. The registration is necessary to link your mobile number and setting the password. In fact registration establishes your direct contact with the EPFO.
Steps of UAN Registraion
You can register UAN from the UAN member portal itself. In the process of registration, you are required to enter your UAN, mobile number and other details. The system verifies your mobile number by sending an OTP. This mobile number is necessary if you ever forget the password. Hence, be careful while registering your mobile number.
The first time user of the UAN member portal has to a activate his/her UAN at the member portal.
- To activate your UAN, visit the UAN member portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface) and click at ‘Activate UAN’. This button is available below the UAN login box.
- You would see a form to fill. You can activate your UAN by entering any of the following 4 document details.
- EPF member ID
- After selecting one of the above options, enter name, date of birth, mobile number and email address.
- Follow the guidelines while filling the EPF number. Note, fill only that mobile number which is permanent as this number would be the only way to reset the forgot password and UAN login.
- After filling the details you have to enter the captcha and submit the form.
- For mobile number authentication, you would get an authorization PIN into your mobile. Read the SMS and enter the PIN. You have to also tick on a small declaration and submit the form.
- Once you submit the details, you would see your name, date of birth and employer details. verify it and create the password. The password should be alphanumeric, have minimum 1 special character and 8-25 character long. Special characters are !@#$%^&*(). Note you have to remember the password to login the UAN member portal.
- Give email address and submit. This completes the UAN registration and activation. You would also get a confirmation SMS.
How To Reset The Login Password
Since. you do not often visit the UAN portal, It is natural to forget the password. Don’t worry! you can easily reset the password. However, to reset or change the password of the UAN portal you must have the UAN number and access to the registered mobile number. As verification is done by sending an OTP to your mobile number which is registered with the UAN.
However, you can also reset the password if you don’t have the access to the given mobile number. But for that your PAN or Aadhaar must be submitted to the EPFO. I have given both the methods
Reset or Change Password with Mobile Number
1- Visit the UAN member portal and locate the Login section. You would find a link to ‘Forgot Password’. Tap on the link.
2- Now enter your UAN and given captcha.
3- The next page would show some digits of your mobile number which must be linked to the given UAN. If you have access to that number tap on ‘YES’
4- Now you would recieve a 4 digit OTP on your mobile number. Enter that OTP and tap on verify. You can again ask for the OTP if not already recieved.
5- Enter your new password and confirm it. Your new password should contain:
- Minimum 7 characters
- At least one Capital and one Small letter
- At least one Special character
- Minimum 4 alphabets
- Minimum 2 digits
- Max length of the password should be 20
Change password without Mobile
You can also change your password if you don’t have access to the given mobile number. In this case you have to tell your personal details and PAN or Aadhaar. You are also reqired to register a new mobile number. It is done very easily. Look to the given screenshots for the whole process……….Read More>>